Subject: Re: [dita-adoption] OASIS DITA Adoption TC Meeting Minutes-- 25 October 2010

Link to the Yahoo group .. and any other lists/websites that may be of use.

I think that the concept of dita.xml.org being a one stop shop is a losing battle. The best you can hope for is to be a well maintained DITA portal .. perhaps being the *first* stop shop should be the goal.

There will always be other websites that do a better job at some aspect of serving up DITA knowledge. Rather than trying to do it all ourselves, let's be a showcase for the best of what's out there. Right now the dita-users list is the definitive place to go for email-based answers .. if/when that changes we can point to the new location.

The problem with any website is that the information gets stale. The advantage that dita.xml.org has is all of the people (this group) who can contribute small amounts of time to help keep things up to date. If we can work to eliminate the cruft and keep the site updated with new links and info, I think we'll have achieved something useful.

Cheers,

...scott

On Nov 1, 2010, at 9:03 AM, "Gershon Joseph (gerjosep)" <gerjosep@cisco.com> wrote:

I'm in favor. One question I'm in 2 minds about is whether we should put a link to the Yahoo group or not. In the name of helping new users out, I think it would be a good idea. However, the idea was for dita.xml.org to be a one stop shop for anything DITA, which it of course is not at this time. What do others feel about this?

Cheers,

Gershon

From: Doug Morrison [mailto:dmorrison@dita4all.com]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 5:56 PM
To: dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org

Regarding the first consideration of the Tiger Team, I propose that the Forum be removed from the DITA.xml.org website. I believe that this is in line with views expressed at the meeting, but this email is to allow anyone otherwise minded to speak up. I will take silence to mean acquiescence.

Regards,

Doug Morrison
Information Architect
http://dita4all.com