Subject: Proposal to form a TC for professional DITA certificaton

France Baril is floating the idea of DITA certification. This would be professional certification, not tools certification. Their draft charter is attached to the message I'm forwarding.

I'll put this up for discussion at our meeting today, but deeper discussion will be at our next meeting after folks have had time to digest this some more.

Cheers,

Gershon

From: France Baril [mailto:france.baril@architextus.com]
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 8:15 AM
To: donday@learningbywrote.com; mpriestl@ca.ibm.com; Gershon Joseph (gerjosep); keberlein@sdl.com; joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com; mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org; rmraya@maxprograms.com
Subject: Re: I would like to offer some of my time to the DITA TC

Hi,

At the beginning of the season, I have presented the idea of a DITA Certification. I have had all kinds of feedback, including one from OASIS who proposed that this might be better handled as a separate TC.

One of the main issue was with vendors addressing different needs and having tools that might not need to measure up against all DITA architectural features in order to serve their clients well. It should be clear that the purpose of the certification that I am proposing is not to certify products, but to develop and certify professional knowledge and skills of writers, information architects, project managers of information development teams, and developers who together form the new information development teams.

Here is a draft for a charter. Can you please distribute it within your committees and let people know that they can contact me for comments and/or if they are interested in participating to such a committee.

Regards,

France

DitaCertificationTC.pdf