Subject: Re: [dita-adoption] Summary of new OASIS process

Hi Mary,

On 11/11/2010 04:56, Mary McRae wrote:
> any changes made to a Committee Note Draft must be submitted for
> Public Review, whether or not as the result of the public review.
It is obvious to me that some changes should go out for public review
but I can imagine some changes that would improve the document but are
not worth wasting everyone's time with a review.

The net effect is that we may decide not to make the change, so the
documement is not as good as it could be; or make the change and waste a
lot of time.

It is further obvious to me that a lot of people here are stretched out
to the max already. Time is at a premium.

Who is it that has the wisdom to decide, in advance, without the benefit
of seeing the proposed change, that a public review will always be the
best option, and presumes to know better than a committee that can make
a judgement on the matter in the full knowledge of the proposed change?
Do we lack the intelligence to make such decisions? If so, why publish
anything we write?

Kind regards,

Doug Morrison
Information Architect