Subject: Re: [dita-adoption] use of dita.xml.org [was: DITA Generator by Elovirta]

DITA XML.org is intended to support the DITA community in a much
broader, less official capacity than the main OASIS TC pages. Any
content that relates to DITA and the goal to educate and promote DITA
adoption should be appropriate for DITA XML.org, so long as it does
not violate the OASIS TC Process, i.e., it is not TC work or feedback
on TC work. This gets tricky when you're talking about an Adoption
Committee, I realize.

From the XML.org Editorial Guidelines (http://www.xml.org/editorial-guidelines):

****
XML.org Focus Areas allow contributors to benefit from one another's
experiences by articulating use cases, collaborating on best
practices, and sharing information.

It is important to note, however, that actual work on creating or
revising an OASIS Standard or specification must take place within an
OASIS Committee, under the open OASIS Technical Process. This process,
which governs issues such as transparency, contributions, licensing,
participation, and disclosure, assures that OASIS Standards remain
widely available and safe to implement, produced in an open,
democratic, and accountable method...

For those who would like to provide feedback on OASIS work, a
"comment" form is provided on each OASIS Committee homepage. Feature
requests for additions or changes to specifications should be directed
through these comment forms. All comments are documented and reviewed
by the appropriate OASIS Committee members and publicly archived.

****

Perhaps we should add an explicit mission statement to the DITA
XML.org "About" page (http://dita.xml.org/about) that would help
define what's appropriate and what is not.

BTW, we still have the Editorial Board page
(http://dita.xml.org/book/editorial-board). Members of the SC should
feel free to add their bios to this page.

~Carol

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

Take a Tour of OASIS
http://www.oasis-open.org/home/tour.php