Subject: Meeting minutes for 14 March 2011

----------
Gershon L Joseph
TECHNICAL LEADER.ENGINEERING
Product Development Services, CDO
Chair, OASIS DITA Adoption Technical Committee
Member, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee
E-Mail: gerjosep@cisco.com
Phone: +972 9 892 7157
Mobile: +972 57 314 1170

DITA Adoption Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 14 March 2011

Chaired by JoAnn Hackos <joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gerjosep@cisco.com>

The DITA Adoption Technical Committee met on Monday, 14 March 2011
at 08:00am PT for 60 minutes.

Roll call

> Regrets: Doug Morrison, JoAnn Hackos, Mathew Varghese, Briana Wherry

> Quorum achieved.

Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
31 Jan 2011, JoAnn
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/201102/msg00000.html

> Accepted by acclamation.

Review open action items

> No updates.

Business

NEW ITEM: Where to post articles that address one or more specific products

> Extended discussion, mainly around the fact that the focus area
> (dita.xml.org) is officially an OASIS site, though it's not covered
> by the OASIS IP policy. We may need to update the focus area SC
> charter to better reflect the fact that articles posted to the focus
> area are not endorsed by our TC (or OASIS for that matter).
> Another option is to post product-specific articles on some other site.
> Also discussed that while members of this TC are free to write and
> publish articles about specific products, such articles should not be
> published as OASIS documents. This TC must remain tools-agnostic, focusing on
> adoption of DITA and related specifications without addressing
> specific tools or products.

> CLOSED.

DITA 1.2 survey -- please take part

> CLOSED (the survey closed 2 weeks ago)

NEW ITEM: Review Eliot Kimber's draft article on understanding keys and key spaces
- View Document Details:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=40946
- Download Document:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/40946/understanding-dita-keys-and-key-spaces.pdf

> Eliot is willing to have an editor from our TC work with him on the article.
> JoAnn questioned the appropriateness of this article as an adoption
> TC article. It depends on the target audience.
> Discussion around the value of this article vs. the FAQ being
> developed by the DITA TC.
> Options discussed:
> 1) Fold this into a future edition of our existing keyref article, as
> more advanced topics
> 2) Develop and publish a separate article.

> DECISION: Revisit next meeting after the DITA TC has posted their initial FAQ.

> CONTINUED.

ITEM: Finding descriptions of DITA attributes
- http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/201010/msg00011.html (Su-Laine)

> Su-Laine: Working with Robert to script. Robert has been too busy to
> work on this. Some complexities e.g. attributes that have different
> meaning depending on the element they apply to.
> Gershon offered to work with Robert and Su-Laine to assist with
> Robert's part.

> [2011.03.14 Gershon, starting mid-late April] ACTION: Touch base with
> Robert to find out where he's holding with this. Gershon to take over
> from there if need be.

> CONTINUED.

ITEM: DITA 1.2 elements needing styling and translatable strings (Yeo)
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-adoption/email/archives/201008/msg00016.html (Su-Laine and following)

> Look for new owner to take over this item at next meeting.
> Rename title to "DITA 1.2 elements that need additional usage information"

-- meeting adjourned --