Subject: FYI: Ongoing DITA TC Review of "DITA is too complex" Feedback

Hi all --

For the past several months, the DITA TC has been collecting direct and
indirect feedback from DITA users regarding the overall complexity of
DITA. For sure, the folks sharing this feedback with us mean different
things when they say. "DITA is too complex." We focus on this topic in
the Adoption Help Subcommittee frequently as well.

We have been capturing this feedback, digesting it, and brainstorming
about possible responses and/or solutions on the following wiki page:

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_Perceptions

We suspect that some percentage of the possible solutions that we have
been discussing are more appropriately handled by the Adoption TC.

Before we went much farther with this one, we wanted to be certain that
the Adoption TC was aware of the discussion and was able to look at what
we have collected to date. It's pretty interesting stuff, actually.

Stan Doherty

--
Stanley Doherty
Member, OASIS DITA Technical Committee