Subject: Goodbye for now and best wishes

Dear friends,

I have been busy setting up Mardi, a new charity for university alumni
to give back, and it has finally been accepted for registration by the
Charity Commission for England and Wales. Whilst I want to continue to
promote DITA I feel I need to devote my time and resources to helping
Mardi through the next vital phases in its development.

I plan to continue to promote DITA: the Mardi website (
http://mardinet.org ) uses DITA as its source, and I plan to work on a
project (along with several OASIS members) using a DITA collaboration
platform for Rapid Response in Emergencies. As Mardi grows, I believe
this could bring DITA in front of a bigger audience than the work I
would have been doing within OASIS.

It is with great reluctance, therefore, that I have decided not to renew
my OASIS subscription. It has been a great pleasure working with the
members of various DITA committees and I know that I leave DITA
standards in good hands. I hope to return to OASIS when Mardi is firmly
established.

Warm regards and best wishes,

Doug

Dr Douglas Morrison