Subject: RE: [dita-adoption] Groups - DITA/XLIFF Feature Article (DITA12XLIFFArticle.pdf) uploaded

Hi Paul,

If the tool that you use for handling DITA files doesn´t have an XML catalog that you can modify with your custom extensions, chances are that the tool cannot validate your DITA files against your own DTDs or Schemas.

Having a translated DITA file that doesn´t validate against your own DTDs or XML Schemas is a common problem. One way to avoid it is using a translation tool that can validate the translated output and for that, an XML catalog is very important.

Regards,
Rodolfo
--
Rodolfo M. Raya   <rmraya@maxprograms.com>