Subject: RE: [dita-adoption] Groups - DITA/XLIFF Feature Article uploaded

I've already posted my comments at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201110/msg00001.html
but here they are for the DITA Adoption TC.

----

I'm about to let almost any wording go on this at this point if
the rest of the TC thinks it makes sense, but I have to point
out that the wording in the latest draft makes no sense.
"Validate…using...OASIS XML Catalogs…?"  Catalogs validate?
And I still don't see what's so important about catalogs that we
are calling them out here when there is so much more to validation.

So the text suggested in the latest draft just seems ill-chosen on
several levels to me, but at this point I'm about to assume that I'm
the odd one out, and as long as the wording doesn't imply that a tool
is unacceptable if it doesn't use OASIS XML Catalogs (even if it instead
uses OASIS' own 18 year old TR9401 Catalog standard), then I'm not going
to stand in the way any more.

paul