Subject: Re: Committee Note Draft for the DITA Adoption TC

JoAnn, in this case, "this version" and the "latest version" will be the same.

If, however, the DITA Adoption TC produces another version of this committee note --02 -- the front matter of this 01 version will be updated so that the "latest version" points to the 02 version.

Chet, please correct me if I am wrong. (It's been almost two years since I went through all this for the DITA 1.2 specification ...)

Kris

On 8/3/2012 4:00 PM, JoAnn Hackos wrote:

Chet,

We could not put the URLs into the copy because we had no idea what that was supposed to be. I still don’t understand why you want this information. What is the difference between “this version” and “latest version” supposed to mean?

JoAnn

From: Chet Ensign [mailto:chet.ensign@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2012 1:57 PM
To: Kristen James Eberlein
Cc: Jordan Jones (jorjones); Frank Miller; JoAnn Hackos

Kristen, no need for apologies! This is the job I'm paid to do.

Here are answers to your questions:

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com> wrote:

  • Both the Working Draft # and the Committee Note Draft Number seem to be required. This TC has not been using the convention of incrementing versions for a working draft. Should Jordon just list both as 01?

Yes, that's fine. I am redoing the tickets to clarify some of these things. For now, 01 is fine.

  • To approve a committee note draft for public review,  we need a full majority vote (according to the TC process, section 3.1). A full majority vote is defined as "a TC vote in which more than 50% (more than half) of the Voting Members vote "yes". Obviously this requires that we have quorum at a meeting, and then more than a majority of the attending voting members must vote in the affirmative. Correct?

 Not quite. The definition says, "a TC vote in which more than 50% (more than half) of the Voting Members vote "yes", regardless of the number of Voting Members present in the meeting." I see that DITA Adoption has 6 voting members so you need 4 votes minimum to pass. That is, if you have 4 voting members present at the meeting, you meet quorum. But then all 4 must vote to pass the motion. 3 won't be enough.

As far as the filename itself is concerned, we will publish it like this:

The 'dita12xliff' is fine but it needs to have a version number and stage abbreviation as well.

Also, I asked several times about putting the document URLs into the draft and I still do not see those added. The Notices page is full and I imagine you don't want to clutter the front page with them. So I would be fine with them being at the bottom of the TOC page, done as

This version:

Latest version:

I do apologize for adding work to your plate. However, given the fact that the DITA Adoption TC really struggled with the new OASIS processes, I would really appreciate your help here.

Again, no need to apologize. Let me know if you have any more questions on this.

Best,

/chet

Best,

Kris