OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita-adoption message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Agenda - DITA Adoption TC Meeting - 11-Sep-2012

Agenda - DITA Adoption TC Meeting
11-Sep-2012, 11 am to 12 noon ET

*Roll call:* 
* Attending:* Frank Miller,  Jordan Jones, Kristen James Eberlein, Rodolfo Raya, Jennifer Lam, Marcos Campos
* Regrets:* Deb Bissantz, Chris Goolsby, JoAnn Hackos

1. Approve previous minutes 

2. XLIFF Committee Note

Remaining actions: 
* AI: Frank Miller to update the Committee Note per the input from his discussion with 
* AI: Jordan, submit article for approval using the forms at 
   https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests and 

3. Wikipedia article - No update since last meeting
* AI: Jordan to draft letter
* AI: Kristen offered to make this an agenda item on the DITA TC meeting as needed, probably once we have a draft Talk page set of comments.

4. DITA Adoption webinars
* JoAnn will need to comment on the schedule for this.

5. Asian Adoption Subcommittee - No update since last meeting
Their meetings seem to have been cancelled since the departure of their chair. Still open.

6. Recommended knowledge requirements for people to be considered DITA experts? - No update since last meeting
* Must avoid becoming a certification agency, or any perception along those lines.
* Some level of guidelines might be helpful for people in various roles. 
* Provide lists of ideas of areas of expertise and resources available for these. Help people understand DITA, its value to them, and how they can become more knowledgeable about it.
* DITA.xml.org could be used for this purpose

7. Review of Adoption TC charter statement. https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/dita-adoption/charter.php 
* Chris Goolsby provided ideas to the committee.
* AI: Jordan and JoAnn to go through this. Both have been traveling on bu

8. Official liaison to the DITA TC.
* Deb Bissantz is unable to attend today.

9. Continued discussion of the Goals of this committee for the rest of 2012. - No update since last meeting
* With the idea of expanding the reach of DITA beyond its original user base in Tech Doc, we discussed the possibility of creating a basic toolkit or quick start evaluation kit to answer questions such as "Where do I start?" and "How can I evaluate DITA on the basis of cost/benefit analysis?"
* This might be considered DITA Lite or DITA -- Evaluation Version, but it is not intended for anything other than evaluation purposes.
** How does this relate to Priestly's DITA Lite proposal for 1.3?
** Expected, perhaps, to be rudimentary evaluation materials.
* Throughout the rest of 2012, we should outline the work required to do this, if not get something built.
* AI: Jordan to discuss with JoAnn the details of this idea, and come back to the Adoption TC with more detailed ideas.

10. New Business

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]