[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: RE: Decisions on future meetings and activities
I think there is a role for this committee, especially for DITA authors.
I am interested in continuing work with the committee. Unfortunately, I’ve had conflicts the past several meetings.
Meeting once a month would make attendance much easier for me. I do have a conflict on the second Monday each month.
Dear Friends and Colleagues:
Jordan Jones and I had a discussion this week about the future of the DITA Adoption TC. I have a very difficult schedule for the next two months and Jordan now has a conflict with another business meeting on Mondays. So—I will cancel the meeting for Monday.
Frank Miller has made progress with Chet Ensign to add OASIS links to our XLIFF feature article. Perhaps we can get it out for review. Of course, that means another 30-day delay while we wait for comments from the entire OASIS community.
Attendance at our meetings has been very low lately and very discouraging for me. It also seems impossible to get anyone to volunteer to help with writing articles, organizing and handling webinars, and generally doing the business of the community in an energetic way. I'm getting tired too. Despite that, I believe there is much we could contribute to the DITA community.
I would like to ask each of you for your feedback.
If I don't get responses, I'll conclude that you are no longer interested in participating.
JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
Comtech Services Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80215