Subject: Re: [dita-adoption] OASIS DITA Adoption Technical Committee

I'm sorry, but I have a conflict with a sprint retrospective that I cannot get out of at this time.

--
Jordan Jones
Sr. Manager

On Jul 9, 2013, at 10:43 AM, JoAnn Hackos <joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com> wrote:

Hello Friends,
The OASIS DITA Adoption Technical Committee is kicking off a new season of projects to help promote the DITA standard worldwide. We have published white papers describing DITA capabilities, including many of the 1.2 features. We have sponsored webinars to educate people about the opportunities to be gained with DITA Adoption. We now have in the works a new article about the emerging roles and responsibilities of staff in a DITA implementation.

We need more participants in the Adoption process and ask for your help by joining our Adoption TC as an active member. We want active members to commit to attending our biweekly meetings (Monday at 11 am EST), signing up to write at least one white paper per year and participate in a webinar activity. At present we have too many "onlookers" and need more active members.

If you feel you can contribute to DITA adoption worldwide and want to participate in the process, please join us for our new kickoff meeting on Monday July 15. We're looking forward to your participation and contributions.

If you are already a member, please become an active participant. If you are not an OASIS member, check on the OASIS-open.org website to find out if your company is an OASIS member. Then apply for your own committee membership. Your corporate representative will need to approve. If you are not an OASIS member and are an independent, you can join OASIS for a low yearly membership cost. Otherwise, your corporation must first join so that you can represent them in this valuable contribution to the future of information development and global standards in this field.

Best regards,
JoAnn Hackos

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
Chair