Subject: RE: [dita-adoption] DITA Roles and Responsibilities WP Japanese translation

Hi Tetsuya-san,

J In the US we have a quaint _expression_ about “eating our own dog food.”

Perhaps using the best practice (as prescribed by this TC) for translating DITA would be a good idea. The DITA file set could be transformed to XLIFF, and then translated in any mainstream CAT tool.

If you are interested in this approach a good starting point would be to try the DITA-XLIFF Roundtrip for OT plugin (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ditaxliff/). Tetsuya-san, you mentioned to me before that you’ve used, and endorse the tool. But if you wanted any help – I’d be happy to jump in.

Thanks,

Bryan

PS., What would be really cool would be to do a pilot project using XLIFF 2.0, with just completed its second public review draft (https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/15-day-public-review-for-xliff-v2-0 ). But I fear it might be a little premature to try this. However, if we could get a CAT tool maker to sign up to provide a beta version that supports the Committee Draft of  XLIFF 2.0, I would sign up to provide a beta version of my plugin that would also support it.

From: dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Tetsuya Sekine
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:45 AM
To: 'JoAnn Hackos'; dita-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi JoAnn,

Thank you for the prompt feedback.

We do (including myself and volunteers from Amazon) want to complete by the end of 2013.

Yes, I need a source DITA file set.

Thanks,

Tetsuya Sekine

President, Principal Consultant

InfoParse, Inc.

< DITA Enabled Intelligent Content Solutions/ >

<DITA +                />

*email: ecmp@infoparse.com | Skype <callto://tetsekine>

*url: www.infoparse.com | phone: 81 3-3736-8180