Subject: Re: [dita-adoption] Groups - MathML: DITA 1.3 White Paper Draft uploaded

My review comments are attached.

The main changes I'm suggesting are to use "equation domain" and "MathML
domain" in place of "equation specialization" and "MathML specialization".
In DITA terminology these are domains that define specializations (that
is, it is the individual elements that are specializations).

I have started the process of providing OT support for the Equation and
MathML domains for both the 1.x and 2.0 Open Toolkits. For 1.x I'm
creating OT plugins in the DITA Community project. For 2.0 I will add
MathML and equation domain support to the base XHTML and PDF2 transforms.
The 1.x plugins are available now (although they are minimal at the
moment--I will enhance them to reflect the full domain options and include
the MathJax support currently in the D4P MathML support). I will add the
2.0 support as soon as I have confirmation from the OT team on how they
want me to proceed.

I can also report that one of the D4P contributors has just added support
for converting Word equations into MathML using the 1.3 domains as part of
the D4P Word-to-DITA framework (it already supported converting inline
MathML produced by the MathType plugin.

Cheers,

E.
—————