Subject: Branch filtering

I would like to write a conditional-processing white paper before writing a branch-filtering white paper. Approaching branch-filtering without a solid understanding of conditional-processing is an exercise in futility.

1.3 has added new features to conditional-processing such as groups and the @deliveryTarget attribute. This paper is also necessary because I don't believe that one was written for 1.2 conditional processing.

Once the conditional-processing white-paper has been written, we will have a solid foundation for discussing branch filtering.

My initial thoughts are that they paper would be structured somewhat like this:

Introduction

Basic capabilities
Groups
  • groups, simple example
  • multiple groups
  • implicit groups
  • ditaval for groups
Delivery target domain

Best practices
  • managing complexity
  • localization
One advantage to this structure is that the basic capabilities section would also be applicable to DITA 1.2.

Best Regards,
--
Bob Thomas
+1 720 201 8260