Subject: Re: [dita] Request for Feedback: DITA Adoption SWOT "Weaknesses"

Hi Kris --

At the Adoption TC meeting earlier today, we discussed the need for reorganizing the SWOT content before republishing it later this fall. Although SWOT brainstorming sessions generate lots of material, they were not designed to provide formal classification of content.

The categories that you suggest are all good ones and will be factored into whatever reorganization or re-classification we perform once all the feedback and rewrites have been completed. As you might guess that will require some time.

In the mean time, I would encourage DITA TC members to provide whatever feedback and paragraph-level descriptions that they can. If an entry is no longer applicable to DITA, please just note as much. This can be a messy process, but the sooner we can get through it, the sooner the ATC would be able to move on to the classification and organization issues.

Thanx again for the feedback -
Stan
I've been asked by a few people why this was not on yesterday's TC agenda, and my answer is "Mea culpa; I overlooked it." I'll make sure it is on the TC agenda for the 15th.

Stan, it would be helpful  if the list items were grouped into categories. Is that something you or someone else could do before the meeting? As I read the list, the following categories occurred to me:

DITA Open Toolkit
DITA (the standard)
Paradigm shift required by move to topic-based content
DITA (mis)perceptions
Et cetera

Best,
Kris