Subject: DITA Adoption and ACM SIGDOC

Hi Stan, hi everybody,Â

I've been following the discussions in your minutes as you explore options for finding a better fit for your work. I've stayed out of the way unless asked a specific question because the decision really is yours to make. If OASIS is not the right home for you, we understand you looking for options.Â

I do have a question from yesterday's report. What caught my eye was the statement "... it became clear that the prospects of our succeeding >> without adequate support from within OASIS << was not likely." This suggested to me that you feel we have failed to do our job in some way.Â

If we have, please let us know. I agree that developing standards and promoting their adoption are two different types of activities and our rules, designed to support the development side, might not be the best fit. But if we did not deliver the services you have theÂright to expect, then I want to know so that we can fix it.Â

Thanks for any feedback you can offer and, of course, if you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know.Â

Best regards,Â

/chetÂ

--

ChetÂEnsign