dita-busdocs message

Subject: RE: [dita-busdocs] March 1 2010 Regular Meeting Minutes

I guess by "charter" you mean the goals and deliverables listed under
"Group Notes". Should we slip in a main title that says "Subcommittee
Charter"?

Under goals, #4 is
	Long term, to develop and recommend guidance for organizations
	that intend to adopt DITA for enterprise business documents.
Under deliverables, #4 is
	Long term, recommended guidance for implementing DITA for
	enterprise business documents.
The Help SC has hit on the notion of cloning itself as a SC of the
Adoption TC, and this seems to have got a favorable response. We should
plan to do that.

The statement of officers belongs in another place. If there is no other
place than "Group Notes" then put it at the top (before the main title,
if you do that):

Co-chairs: Ann Rockley, The Rockley Group; Michael Boses, In.vision
Research

The relationship between goals and deliverables is clearer if
corresponding items are listed in the same order and have the same
number, so that for each goal there are one or more documents or other
products identified as deliverables. Also, the tentative hedge phrases
can go away. We're no longer just getting started. Here's a suggested
revision:

Goals:

1. Develop and recommend a metamodel for enterprise business documents
which
* Characterizes the range of documents addressed by this subcommittee.
* Identifies properties of these documents relevant to their treatment
in the DITA standard.

2. Develop and recommend an approach to harmonizing the enterprise
business document metamodel with the DITA standard.

3. Develop and recommend a standard approach for fully expanding DITA
Map references into an editable process instance that may be validated
against an approved DITA DTD or schema, without compromising content
management and reuse.

4. Long term, to develop and recommend guidance for organizations that
intend to adopt DITA for enterprise business documents.

Deliverables:

1. Recommended baseline enterprise business document metamodel.

2. Recommended harmonization of enterprise business document metamodel
with the DITA Standard.

3. Recommended approach for fully expanding DITA Map references into a
valid editable process instance.

4. Long term, recommended guidance for implementing DITA for enterprise
business documents.

I'll have some comments on the backgrounder.

	/Bruce