dita-busdocs message

Subject: Input requested for Abstract Layer naming

The Abstract Layer has been defined as the following:

        | explanatory
        |
        | descriptive
        |
        | procedural
topic --|
        | directive
        |
        | criterial
        |
        | temporal

We are working towards final labels for these categories. Today's discussion renamed "directive" to "advisory". Attendees felt that "temporal" should also be renamed but no final decision was made.

Please help us to rename "temporal" to a more recognizable and intuitive label. Please note that the label should be in the adjective form if possible. Options are:

- transactional
- event
- report
- archival
- factual
- historical
- chronological

For more information please review our working paper "Simplifying information types in DITA."

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-busdocs/download.php/37193/Simplifying%20Information%20Types%20in%20DITA.pdf

Please provide your feedback by 5:00 PM ET Monday April 19.

Thank you.