dita-busdocs message

Subject: Re: [dita-busdocs] RE: Adjectives vs nouns

How about this...

The purpose of the Topic-formerly-known-as-Temporal is to OBSERVE something. The observation records the state of something/someone/someplace at a specific point in time. Observations are temporal in nature.

I believe that the type of information that is derived from observing something is EMPIRICAL information.

em·pir·i·cal [em-pir-i-kuhl]
–adjective
1. derived from or guided by experience or experiment.
2.⁠ depending upon experience or observation alone, without using scientific method or theory, esp. as in medicine.

I've been running this through my mind and I think it makes sense to me. The dictionary is kind of vague on this one.

Can we report on something that hasn't been observed by a person or system? Can a system observe an event? Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Rob Hanna

STC Members!
Leadership from strength and experience