dita-busdocs message

Subject: RE: [dita-busdocs] meeting today?

Ah, right, TechComm SC, not Adoption TC. They alternate weeks in this time slot.

My report to the TC was skeletal. You/we can bring them up to speed in any manner appropriate. My intention and I think my effect was to alert them to the need to look at the wider world of DITA adoption in a systematic and encompassing way, and to our belief in the relevance and importance of your proposals for that. I do not think it would be wise or effective to try to do it all in one hour with one presentation. I think we should start by addressing problems and needs facing the TC that they haven't been thinking about, rather than our proposed solutions to those problems. Let them know that we've done a lot of thinking about how to address the issues, but hold that in reserve for later.

    /B

From: Rob Hanna [mailto:rob@ascan.ca]
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 11:41 PM
To: Bruce Nevin (bnevin); dita-busdocs@lists.oasis-open.org

I don’t have a BusDocs meeting in my calendar for today.

I read the minutes. I just wanted to speak with you about strategy for introducing the metamodel to the TC. We built up to it in the BusDocs SC and this gave people some time to connect the dots. Trying to condense everything down to an hour like I did for the TechComm SC may have been a little much. I guess we may find out this morning how people received the presentation. I didn’t get any excited or enthusiastic emails after the presentation like I did after the first BusDocs presentation.

– Don’t forget to call in for the TechComm call this morning.

Rob Hanna
Call: +1 (416) 723-4183
http://www.innovatia.net/images/esig/twitter.gifFollow me on Twitter