Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: mpriestl@ca.ibm.com

Name: Michael Priestley
Title: XML Architect
Regarding Specification: IBM DITA 1.1 Priorities

Top 5:
38 - bookmap
17 - conref improvements
40 - keyref architecture
32 - integration of topics and domains
43 - semantic linking

It was a really tough job narrowing it down to five. For what it's worth, this is the more complete list of high priority items for IBM:

38 - bookmap
45 - see/seel also index
7  - reconciling metadata in maps/topics
11 - elements for translatable text
17 - conref improvements
14 - glossary
34 - domain integration
36 - extensible metadata in map structures
39 - policy based style mechanism
40 - keyref
41, 42 - shortdesc
9 - data element
32 - integration of topics and domains
43 - semantic linking

The order is idiosyncratic because we were going through the already prioritized public list of requirements.

We concentrated down to our top 5 by considering which items could deliver the highest value for a 1.1 release: improved output control and flexibility with bookmap; improved content control and reusability with conref, keyref, and semantic linking enhancements; and improved design control with improved structural and domain specialization integration.