Subject: Font issues with DITA 1.2 specifications

Looking at the May 18, 2010 TC internal review versions of the DITA 1.2 Architectural Specification and the DITA 1.2 Language Specification, I found the text extremely hard to read because of the Sans Serif font chosen. The DITA 1.0 and DITA 1.1 specifications used a much more eye-friendly Times Roman type font. There are also problems with the text in table columns in the language specification being horizontally squeezed together to fit the column to the point of almost being unreadable. I sincerely hope that the final released versions of the specifications are easier to read. Having visual barriers to comprehension does not help in training people or in fostering DITA adoption.

Susan Self