Subject: RE: [dita-comment] Issues with DITA 1.2 CD03: Obsolete file and broken cross-references

Hi Kris,

The file with broken cross-references is the one I downloaded from the OASIS website as part of CD03. If you open the DITA1.2-spec.pdf file and look at page 17 and 18, you will see three broken cross-references.

If the three attributes aren’t required by the PDF publishing system then I don’t know why the cross-references in the PDF are broken. But they’re definitely broken.

I think it would be totally fine though to just remove those three <xref> elements instead of trying to troubleshoot them further. Would you be OK with doing that?

Best,

Su-Laine

From: Kristen James Eberlein [mailto:kris@eberleinconsulting.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:35 PM
To: Su-Laine Yeo
Cc: dita-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi, Su-Laine.

Sorry, I previously gave the wrong file name; it should have been archspec/dita-terminology.dita. It doesn't have any broken cross references, nor do the three <xref> elements that it contains require @format, @scope, or @type attribute; they all point to elements within dita-terminology.dita. Not sure why you are getting broken xref errors in this file ...

Best,

Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)