Subject: DITA1.2: Query on <desc> element's content in a key referencing<link> element

Hi All,

I would like to have some additional input on section “2.1.3.4.3.3 Processing key references” in the Specs_Review#5.

The question I have is how should DITA processors handle insertion of links in such a case. As per my understanding I have come to these conclusions for linktext and desc elements-

Now coming to my question-

What should the processor ideally do with the linktext’s <desc> element if the topicmeta provides a <shortdesc> element.

Should the <shortdesc> element be pulled in automatically *every time* the links are created?

Regards,

Nakshatra