Subject: Re: [dita-comment] DITA1.2: Query on <desc> element's content in a keyreferencing <link> element

Hi Nakshatra,

First - sorry for the delay in this response.

My interpretation of this is that the shortdesc / desc content should work
much the same as the linktext. That is to say, assume I have this key
definition:
<topicref keys="a" href="maptarget">
  <topicmeta>
    <linktext>Map linktext</linktext>
    <shortdesc>Map shortdesc</shortdesc>
  </topicmeta>
</topicref>

Now say I have these two uses in a topic:
<link keyref="a"/>
<link keyref="a" href="topictarget">
  <linktext>Topic linktext</linktext>
  <desc>Topic desc</desc>
</link>

In this case, the target for each link will be "maptarget" and the link
text for each link will be "Map linktext". It is logical that the short
description should work the same way as the link text, so the effective
<desc> content for each link will be "Map shortdesc". I believe that the
topic should be updated to clarify that shortdesc works the same way here
as linktext.

Does that make sense?

Thanks -

Robert D Anderson