Subject: Re: [dita-comment] DITA 1.2 <hazardstatement><messagepanel>

On 7/21/2010 4:44 AM, Johannes Graubner (Transcom) wrote:

Hello All,

DITA 1.2 Committee Draft 0.2 contains the new elements <hazardstatement><messagepanel>. These contain the elements:

( (typeofhazard) then (consequence) (any number) then (howtoavoid) (one or more) )

Missing is an element <explanation> (any number).

Often, hazards are not obvious and/or occur under certain circumstances only. Then the reader must get some corresponding information. Such information however fits neither into <consequence> nor <howtoavoid>.

Could you please consider to include <explanation> (or something similar)? It probably needs the same content model and attributes as <howtoavoid>.

The Content model of <messagepanel> should then be:

( (typeofhazard) then (consequence) (any number) then (explanation) (any number) then (howtoavoid) (one or more) )

Regards

Johannes Graubner

Transcom. Ing.-Buero Johannes Graubner
Engineers for technical communication
- manuals - training - internet -

mailto:graubner@transcom.de        Tel. +49-179-66 55 215
http://www.transcom.de             Fax  +49-941-5992 95552

Humboldtstrasse 18,  07743 Jena, Germany

Thank you for this comment, Johannes. The Machine Industry subcommittee is inactive at this time, but I was able to learn the following information that informs on your suggestions: