Subject: resourceid/@id has wrong data type?

Hello all,

I noticed today that as of DITA 1.2, the data type of the @id attribute of the <resourceid> element is CDATA[1].

I wonder whether this is this intentional? It would make more sense to me if the data type was ID instead, as with all (?) other @id attributes in DITA. That way any possible invalid characters in the @id attribute could be detected when validating the DITA file.

(Apologies if this has already been brought up before; I couldn’t find anything with Google or by searching the mailing list archives.)

[1]  http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/langref/resourceid.html

Best regards,

--
Eero Helenius