Subject: PHP web page search is broken for the DITA 1.2 spec

Hello,

I have been doing training at my company, and I always provide a demo of how to use the DITA spec to answer questions. This last class did not go well.

The main page I use is http://leximation.net/ditamap/ditaref/ditaspec12.php Unfortunately, whenever I try to search on a particular element, like “cite”, I get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect() in /home/lexima2/public_html/sphider-1.3.5/settings/database.php on line 10

I also am unable to use the CHM file. For the longest time I was not able to get this file to display any contents on my laptop, even though I tried ALL the suggested workarounds. Finally, one day I upgraded Windows Internet Explorer to version 11 and the CHM file suddenly started working properly. However, I had to get a new laptop and now the CHM file does not work again, even though I am using IE 11.

So, I would really appreciate it if you could fix the problem with the above website which does allow me to search easily through the spec for content.

Thanks,

Janet Stern