Subject: Re: [dita-comment] Question about <dvrKeyscopePrefix>

I'm glad Chris is watching out for me here ... I think I confused this with the dvrResourcePrefix, where the renaming rules pretty clearly apply to all children. That's the case I expect to use more often, so it was more prominent in my mind.

As I've clarified with Chris, regardless of how many copies of the overall branch are created, the child scope can still be unambiguously referenced using the renamed parent scope(s).

Sorry for the confusion about that part of Radu's question, and thanks Chris for quickly catching that.

Robert D Anderson
IBM Authoring Tools Development
Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit (http://www.dita-ot.org/)

Inactive hide details for Chris Nitchie ---02/19/2016 10:30:25 AM---I hesitate to contradict Robert, but that's not what I remeChris Nitchie ---02/19/2016 10:30:25 AM---I hesitate to contradict Robert, but that's not what I remember, and I don't think it's what the spe

From: Chris Nitchie <chris.nitchie@oberontech.com>
To: Robert D Anderson/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS, Radu Coravu <radu_coravu@sync.ro>
Cc: "dita-comment@lists.oasis-open.org" <dita-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 02/19/2016 10:30 AM

I hesitate to contradict Robert, but that's not what I remember, and I don't think it's what the spec says.
That is, it applies only to the key scope name of the implied topicref surrounding the implied branch generated by the ditavalref element, not its child scopes. (dvrResourcePrefix/Suffix, on the other hand, apply to all resources in the branch.) As George points out, there would be no value to renaming scopes beneath the branch-wrapping topicref.

In fact, fairly late in the game we realized that we could/should have just used dvrKeyscope and not copied the convention used in dvrResourcePrefix/Suffix, but by then it was much too late to change the spec and get it out in the target timeframe. You can get the same effect with dvrKeyscopePrefix/Suffix and no key scope on the containing topicref.

So, in Radu's example, there would be a key scope named 'admin-branchKS' containing another key scope called 'childKS'. There would be no key scope named simply 'branchKS'.

Chris