Subject: Re: [dita-comment] Gathering restricted values using a subject scheme map

Hi Kris,

I quote from an older example you gave me a couple of years ago:

    Here's another point to consider. Processors handling controlled values defined in subjectScheme maps will need to take into consideration the following sort of mark-up:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE subjectScheme PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Subject Scheme Map//EN" "subjectScheme.dtd">
    <subjectScheme>
        <subjectdef keys="us-states">
            <subjectdef keys="alabama"/>
            <subjectdef keys="alaska"/>
            <subjectdef keys="arizona"/>
            <subjectdef keys="arkansas"/>
            <subjectdef keys="massachusetts"/>
            <subjectdef keys="north-carolina"/>
        </subjectdef>
        <subjectdef keys="13-colonies">
            <subjectdef keyref="massachusetts"/>
            <subjectdef keyref="north-carolina"/>
        </subjectdef>
    </subjectScheme>

    Note that the massachusetts and north-carolina subjects are in two different subjects:

    us-states
    13-colonies

    They are referenced by the @keyref attribute the second time that they appear in the map.

So in that case it seemed that you wanted as a sub-value of "13-colonies" to have "massachusetts" which was referenced via keyref.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu
http://www.oxygenxml.com