Subject: Possible improvement for DITA 2.0

Hello,

One of our users uses in topics DITA <image> elements with @keyref in order to be able to switch between different target images. But she also needs to set alternate text for each image. And when changing the @keyref on the image she also wants the alternate text to change based on the new target image.
How about if we allow defining the <alt> element in the <topicmeta>:

  <keydef keys="myImage" href="images/Chrysanthemums.jpg">
    <topicmeta>
      <alt>Alternate text</alt>
    </topicmeta>
  </keydef>