Subject: RE: [dita-comment] please allow <ph> inside <uicontrol>

Thank you!! In fact, I thought the opposite – that <keyword> had some specific semantic meaning that I would be *disrespecting* as a general-purpose variable reference throughout our documentation.

Much appreciated.

  • Chris

From: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:30 PM
To: dita-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi, Chris.

Best,
Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)

On 9/12/2019 12:08 PM, Chris Papademetrious wrote:

Hello DITA folks,

In our software product, we have GUI buttons that have tool names in them. But when we try to document them conditionally for the toolname:

I get validation errors that <ph> is not allowed inside <uicontrol>:

Error: Failed to run pipeline: [DOTJ012F][FATAL] Failed to parse the input file '…'.: [43:90] element "ph" not allowed here; expected the element end-tag, text or element "foreign", "image", "mathml", "sort-as", "term", "text" or "unknown"

What’s the correct solution to this?

-----
Chris Papademetrious

Tech Writer, Implementation Group

(610) 628-9718 home office

(570) 460-6078 cell

-- This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC. In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and to minimize spam in the list archive, subscription is required before posting. Subscribe: dita-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org Unsubscribe: dita-comment-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org List help: dita-comment-help@lists.oasis-open.org List archive: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/ Feedback License: http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/feedback_license.pdf List Guidelines: http://www.oasis-open.org/maillists/guidelines.php Committee: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita Join OASIS: http://www.oasis-open.org/join/