Subject: RE: [dita-comment] Filter content based on the "rev" attribute

Hi David,

You have precisely described our flow:

1. Writers apply @rev to flag revised content.

2. Subject matter experts review the @rev-highlighted content.

3. At release time, we clear all the @rev flags via a refactoring operation.

Hi Radu,

I wonder if the customer requests are equating ârevisionâ to âversionâ? These are different concepts (authoring development markup versus customer-facing content profiling) that I feel should be kept separate.

  • Chris

From: David Artman <David@DavidArtman.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 4:39 AM
To: Radu Coravu <radu_coravu@sync.ro>; dita-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Another way to consider it is that @rev is for the *content's* development between vrms, not the *product's*. Highlight changes since the last time that your smes read the topics, to speed their reviews.

So maybe you yellow highlight additions and red strikeout deletions. Then, yes, after review, you have to physically delete approved removals and (for future cleanliness) remove @rev from approved additions.

In short : @rev isn't customer facing. Unless you choose to use it for format control in outputs which address product variants. Which is probably sloppy in the long run, compared to other mechanisms for flagging such variations in 'collective' or 'comprehensive' outputs.

Again : if I'm missing something, please correct me.

David Artman

DCA:d.a.d