Subject: Re: [dita-comment] A burning question about whether we can and should customize DTD

You can create a specialization and drive from task. https://www.oxygenxml.com/dita/1.3/specs/archSpec/base/specialization.html

Von: Gao Webber <galway@live.cn>
An: dita-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Datum: 25.09.2021 16:20:38

Dear sir or madam,

I apologize if this is the wrong way to ask DITA questions, but I really need some answers from the true experts.
I'm from a business in China. We adopted DITA last year for our documentation, and we used the default DTD for task topics since then. However, we decided that the default task.dtd is not the best framework for us. So the question is, can we customize the task.dtd? For example, by stipulating that the <context> element must be before the <prereq> element. Someone claimed that if we customize the default DTD, then we're not using DITA. And if it's allowed to customize the default DTD, how can we do it? Are there any tutorials?Thank you very much!

Best Regards
Gao