Subject: RE: [dita-help] Context-Sensitivity

Dear All

Would it be right to summarise the CS requirement by saying that we need to provide for three options?

. context hooks stored in the topic
. context hooks stored in the map
. context hooks stored in an intermediate (external) file

During processing, the necessary map/alias/header/cshelp files would be produced from whatever resource was available.

There would need to be some rules to cope with hooks found in more than one location. For example, if there was a hook in the map's topicref and the topic, which hook would be used. I would suggest that both would be valid. But is that logical? Maybe we need a "cascade":

. Context Hook in intermediate (external) file overrides...
. any context hook specified in the map, which overrides...
. any context hook specified in the topic.

Thoughts?

Tony