Subject: FYI: Resources for Best Practices

Attached is a PDF of a draft Resource section for the Best Practices Guide.
At this point this document is probably more useful for our internal SC use
as an organizational overview. I went through all of the minutes and
messages and pulled out the content. Then I attempted to form that into an
overall representation of our work so far. We have generated a lot of
information so far, but it gets lost in the minutes.

It is likely that chunks from this document may end up being superceded by
other sections being authored for the Best Practices. I'll keep reviewing
our output and adding and removing items from this document as time goes on.
We probably need to see how the rest of the Guide develops before we know
what should be in the final Resource section.

I have a section for external resources. If you have suggestions for
relevant sites or pages that haven't been part of our discussions, send them
to me.

I only did some basic massaging of the content. This is not ready for
distribution outside the SC. I didn't want to lose the sense of the
discussion comments.

I'm using Word for my authoring right now because it is a good document
editing tool. I will convert this to the DITA format whenever the team is
ready to publish.

This doc is posted on the SC site.

Joe Welinske

resources.pdf