Subject: RE: [dita-help] Layering in Help Systems

Thanks, Scott.

When I was reading your comments about "the ability to override the
treatment of specific cases", I immediately thought of the outputclass
attribute as a mechanism. This would also conform to your ideal of "minimal
(or no) additional structural elements". But then you raised the idea of a
"uacontrol" attribute, which is a very interesting idea. But do you think
such an attribute would be doing the same job as outputclass?

In DITA 1.2, there is some sort of sibling selection mechanism for
conreffing, so that a subset of steps, for example, can be used as a single
conref. Is anyone in the subcommittee sufficiently au fait with this feature
to know whether it could be used for the "help-group" treatment mentioned by
Scott?

I've added a new page to the DITA Help Wiki at:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DITA_Help_Help-Specific_Formatting

with a table where we can build a list of Help features and how they might
be implemented. Please, everyone, feel free to contribute to the table! (By
the way, when using XML code, put a space before the code phrase, otherwise
the Wiki software will treat it as HTML markup.)

Tony