Subject: Updated Best Practices Guide PDF Attached

Happy New Year!

The Best Practices Guide is shaping up. Here's where we are:

Accomplished
- Copyrights and trademarks ... researched, collected
   into a copyright page, and integrated in running text.
- <msgph> formatting
- index (pretty basic)
- DITA-OT 1.5 M9: I had a tweak a couple of things (SVG
  graphics and some xrefs) in order to get our stuff
  building under the M9 PDF2. As you can see from the
  attached DITA-OT 1.5 PDF, there are lots of little
  formatting and build issues. If these get fixed by
  the time we do a final build, I guess we could use
  DITA-OT 1.5, otherwise we can continue to buid under
  DITA-OT 1.4.2.1.
  > I am working with the DITA-OT folks to prep a
    DITA 1.2 feature like <coderef> up and running.
    Stay tuned.
- Edits that we discussed last meeting.

Open issues
- Final title ... we agreed to revisit it this Thursday.
- Final title page and OASIS-approved copyright.
- Replacement graphics ... I'll send email.

Enjoy!
Stan

mapgen_DHSC_BestPractices_DITAOT15.pdf

mapgen_DHSC_BestPractices_DITAOT14.pdf