Subject: Re: [dita-help] Default Topic in Help Output

As Chris points out, this is definitely not HH-specific .. AIR Help uses
them as well, and I'd think that most future "Help" implementations will
have something similar. It would seem that if some mechanism is added to
the DITA spec it should be defined as a generic "Help" extension.

I'm not convinced that it's better to have this implemented through map
metadata as opposed to an attribute on a topicref. In some cases it
might be more convenient to define this as metadata, but that would
require the need to reference the actual topic which will introduce the
possibility of error in mistyping the topic filename (or keyref). Is
there a precedent for this type of metadata-base referencing?

I see this as being similar to the topicref/@print attribute, and is
more of a functional/structural issue rather than metadata. I could see
a topicref/@help attribute that could have the following values ..
"yes|no|defaultTopic|homeTopic|??" .. (I assume that the first topic in
map is just that, and doesn't need to be specifically defined?)

Cheers,

...scott