Subject: Fw: [dita-help] Groups - DHSC Meeting added

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: ian balanza-davis <ibalanza_davis@yahoo.co.uk>
To: "tself@hyperwrite.com" <tself@hyperwrite.com>
Sent: Friday, 7 August, 2009 10:29:45
Subject: Re: [dita-help] Groups - DHSC Meeting added

Although, following infection (cough, cough, OINK!) of some family members I shall. Holiday plans have been pushed back a couple of days.

I have had a brief look at Struts and FreeMarker, and have some limted knowledge of model-view-controller architecture from QT.

Within this caveat, it is my understanding this is a very particular implementation for this type of application. I am not sure that struts/FreeMarker is generic enough to form a basis for CSH, but how to store information in DITA that can be used in a sensible manner by MVC architecture would be.

There is a level of abstraction between UI and data that would require some management in terms of CSH. This is nothing new in the realms of help, but may require some form of best practice thoughts/examples showing how the information can be used in the view-controller aspect of an application. %select-atts in combination with the CSH information to be added might be a good start point.

Ian