Subject: RE: [dita-help] Groups - New Action Item #0001 Consult the DITA-OT contribution...

-Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: Goolsby, Chris [mailto:cgoolsby@ptc.com]
Sent: 03 September 2009 20:59
To: matthew@ellisonconsulting.com; dita-help@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [dita-help] Groups - New Action Item #0001 Consult the DITA-OT
contribution...

Greetings all

I'm sorry I missed the August 28 meeting. It looks like many action items
were opened as a result of the meeting. I'm concerned that many of these
action items seem to be focused on the DITA-OT. The DITA-OT is not the only
way that people will be getting help output from DITA documents. For
example, the Arbortext products do not use the DITA-OT at all.

I think we need to be careful about tying what this subcommittee does to a
single method of composing DITA output. We should not expect that plugins to
the DITA-OT will be a general purpose solution to producing help from DITA
documents. We should produce generic tagging solutions that are not tied to
one method of producing output.

Again, I'm sorry I had to miss the meeting. Please let me know if I have
misinterpreted the intent of these action items.

Regards.

Chris