Subject: Eclipse Installation

Hi everyone

In one of my consultancy jobs, the client wants to use Eclipse Help as a
standalone (ie, not related to an Eclipse application) Web delivery option.
However, they have found it difficult to set up the necessary Eclipse
runtimes. To be more specific, it seems to be quite difficult for someone
not intimately familiar with the Eclipse environment to work out what needs
to be installed. As an example, it seems that you may have to download and
install the "Platform Runtime Binary"... what the Dickens does that mean?

In the Help Technologies Guide, Jeff Antley has written a very useful
overview of Eclipse Help and the CS plug-in, but I'm wondering if we need to
go further, and provide clear installation instructions. Perhaps we also
need to put together a minimum Eclipse setup for supporting Help. Unless
this has already been done, in which case we could point to it.

I think Stan has encountered some similar difficulties. What does everyone
think about this issue? Jeff, do you have any advice or suggestions?

Regards

Tony Self