Subject: RE: [dita-help] FW: [MSHelpViewer] VS XML Editor and DITA

Thanks Tony – much appreciated.

-P.

From: Tony Self [mailto:tself@hyperwrite.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 9:23 PM
To: Paul O'Rear
Cc: dita-help@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Paul

A similar question was asked on the DITA Users list last week. In answering that query, Don Day provided the following link that explains how to associate a schema with DITA content, and advising that all the DITA schema files are provided with the DITA Open Toolkit.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa302298.aspx#xmltools_topic4

I am unaware of any DITA documentation projects using Visual Studio, but that’s not to say there aren’t any!  Likewise, I am unaware of DITA authoring plug-ins or extensions to Visual Studio. I use Visual Studio for some non-DITA work, and my personal opinion is that it’s not the right tool for DITA authoring. I have used VS for an ASP.Net project involving DITA content, but the content was always authored outside Visual Studio.

Regards

Tony Self