Subject: Feedback on latest 13060/13061 Stage-3 Proposals

GREAT WORK TONY! Wow, this continues to mature -- love it!

All friendly suggestions below - - -

13061

General: Anticipating editorial feedback down the road about using the <element> and @attribute conventions. Adding @ affects indefinite articles in running text.

Approved technical requirements
- "If implemented as a specialization . . . " -- what would the alternatives be? If this is a map domain specialization, architects would have to add it to their authoring shell DTDs. If we are proposing that we add it to the default map.dtd, we should say so.
- Probably important to note here that downstream HATs or processors will need to figure out how to transform this information. Processng specifics are outside the scope of this proposal.
- The example for JS window.open is great. Perhaps mentioning that will server as input to HTML5 HTMLAnchorElement.target would reduce any perception that we were restricted in supporting any flavor of downstream JS.
- Not sure that I understand the connection here to the <ua-context> element. Does not intersect with 13060 anymore.

Dependencies . . .
- Perhaps add that the sample .mod illustrates what someone would add to a current map authoring shell (in this case map.dtd).

Example . . .
- I would have expected to see <ua-window> within <topicmeta>. Any particular reason it needs to be separate from other map metadata elements?

Attributes . . .
- top/left/height/width measurements in pixels by default?

13060

General:
- Anticipating editorial feedback down the road about using the <element> and @attribute conventions. Adding @ affects indefinite articles in running text.
- Somewhere near the beginning, including a table about valid containment would help a lot. As I was reading, I was scribbling something like the following cheat sheet.

Container(s)   Sample <resourceid> markup      Use case description
-------------- ------------------------------- --------------------------
map                                            Scope = all referenced topics
  topicmeta
    resourceid

map                                            Scope = the referenced topic
  topicref                                     - caveats on @source-priority
    topicmeta
      resourceid

topic                                          Scope = the referenced topic
  prolog
    resourceid

Are these all the possibilities?

Example . . .
- Perhaps add that the sample .mod illustrates what <resourceid> will look like by default in DITA 1.3. All topics and maps inheriting metaDecl.mod would inherit these new attributes.
- Still scratching my bald head on the @ua-window attribute here. At a minimum, it feels a bit confusing (at least to me) to be defining attributes for a window target with the 13061 <ua-window> element and then calling that definition with an indentically named @ua-window attribute in 13060. I hesitate to suggest any name changes, but would @ua-window-target help with disambiguation?

New architectural specification topic
- Great stuff! Really!
- "user assistnace" typo in para-1
- should "windowing metadata can be defined . . ." in that same sentence actually be "windowing metadata must be defined . . . ". There is no place else.
- "To avoid problems . . . @yield-to-topic attribute" should be "To avoid problems . . . @source-priority attribute" ?