Subject: a collaborative session on structure

This is to invite you to a collaborative edit session supported by the
OASIS DITA TC members wiki.

Our goal would be to make substantive progress on building a consensus
structure consisting of:
  - instructional objects and information objects
  - specialized elements to represent them
  - specialized map structures to represent the organizer elements like
course, module, and learning object (RLO)

The way it would work is that each main page that the team is updating
would have one editor, and any other contributors would create the content
that they want to contribute on separate individual pages. The editor would
copy content, when ready, from the individual page to the common page.

In order to get started with the Wiki, the most convenient thing to do
seems to be to make a personal home page. Any personal scratch content
(such as content that an individual wants to contribute during
collaborative editing) can be created on those pages.

I made one at http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/BruceEsrig. You can follow
the instructions there (and edit them if necessary!) to make a personal
home page of your own on the DITA wiki.

You can look at the http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/WikiSandBox page for a
romp through a bunch of formatting features, or look at our existing pages
under http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/LearningSubcommittee to see how
headings, lists, and links to related information are done.

The spiffiest page at the moment is
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/LearningContent/Structure/ElementsUsedInPilot.
That page is an edit of John Hunt's e-mail message presenting his slide on
learning objects and information objects, following the Ruth Clark model.
** Technical note: ** The trick with the graphic is that I downloaded it
from the e-mail message and then uploaded it to the Presentations section
of the Documents page on the Subcommittee web site. The reason to do it
this way is that this gives us a link to a graphic that is still within the
members area. We can revise the graphic if desired or post more graphics
there to show any alternative models that we develop.

Still TBD: build places to record the structure we want to go with, our
implementation using specialized elements, and any explanation we wish to
provide. (Probably in or near
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/LearningContent/Structure/ImplementationInDITA).

Let's check our resources. There is a place to state the roles you can fill
and your availability at
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/LearningContent/Structure/Contributors.

Best wishes,

Bruce Esrig