Subject: DITA-S1000D Learning Summit, April 10-11

Dear DITA learning content enthusiasts,

Please take special notice of the upcoming
"DITA-S1000D Learning SubGroup Summit," which
Wayne Gafford has worked to set up, under the
sponsorship of the Advanced Distributed Learning co-lab in Alexandria.

Date: April 10-11, 2007
Place: Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Smart Room, ADL Co-Lab Hub
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Space: 75 participants

Please take a moment now to check out the information about this event -

http://adlcommunity.net/course/view.php?id=24.

I encourage you to consider attending, if at all possible.

We'll be joined by members of the S1000D learning subgroup, by instructional designers in the ADL community, and other thought leaders in learning content standards, ADL, and SCORM.  The DITA design plan for learning content will be a key topic for discussion.

This is a great opportunity to get broader discussion and validation on the direction of our learning content design plans for DITA, as well as coordinate our activities with the S1000D, SCORM, and ADL communities.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in Alexandria in April.

Oh, and rumor has it that some nearby cherry trees may be coming into blossom about this time, too.

Thanks.

John
John Hunt
Lotus Education Development
Chair, OASIS DITA learning and training content sub-committee
IBM Software Group/Lotus Software