Subject: Groups - DITA Learning Content SC Meeting modified

DITA Learning Content SC Meeting has been modified by Scott Hudson

Date:  Thursday, 28 June 2007
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
USA Toll Free Number: 866-880-0098
USA Toll Number: +1-210-795-1100
PASSCODE: 6396088

Agenda:

Minutes:
21 June 2007 Learning SC Meeting minutes

Scott Hudson
John Hunt
Kevin Ruess
Stan Doherty
Sue Blaisdell

Alan Radford worked at Harvest Road in Australia, now independent, has joined the SC. As a result

the meeting time may need to change to 4pm Eastern. John will confirm with the group before any

official time changes, so as not to impact regular SC participants.

Kevin and Wayne to convene additional meetings with their group to further the work on the

Learning Planning type.

Current State:
Scott - Concerned about access to content samples to validate our designs. If we are to truly test

our designs, then we need to have real life content samples to mark up against these structures.

Sue - Avaya has recently joined, so they are hoping to find some content to work with. Recently

have engaged Rueben.

Kevin - encountered the sample issue as well. Much of the DOD content cannot be made available.

John - IBM is not able to make their training content public either. Perhaps Robin will have some

samples for the meeting on the 28th.

Scott - What about creating our own, self-documenting training for the Specialization?

Stan - Open Source project called "Derby" - might be an interesting opportunity for samples? They

may have a need for training, and would have a lot of content. They have made an early committment

to using Derby, and is open-source.

For more info, see: http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/dita.html

A.I. = Stan to follow up with the Derby folks to see if there is interest.

John - Hopefully there would be some way to develop DITA or Learning SC training.

A.I. = Scott to send email to the SC group about developing DITA training samples

Rueben presented on Assessments last week. The schema is available on the OASIS site at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24347/assessmentCS.xsd

John Accardi was comfortable with the assessment interactions presented. Next step is to work with

John and Rueben on implementing assessment interactions.

A.I. = each topic type lead should look at the IMS LOM mappings compared to their topic type

designs and identify which fields are covered and any missing mappings (how to add them to the

designs). Prepare to discuss findings at the July 12 meeting.

Scott - In considering the potential self-documented training where do we start?

Kevin -

Audience - Visitor to the Learning SC Wiki, DITA TC, interested parties; motivation - already have

a base level of knowledge about XML, DITA. Motivation would be to learn about this Specialization.

are we looking at someone supporting an existing system, or someone trying to improve

instructional design

We may want to use this as a marketing/teaching tool to communicate our standard?

Organization Needs - the Learning SC to promote the standard. The DITA TC to promote DITA in

educational contexts.

Task analysis - political environments that this might be used in, other standards in this space

(SCORM, CORDRA), trends,

there is a procedure for getting standards adopted into the Service. Has DITA gone throught this

process?

Gap analysis

We should set up a wiki page to further discuss/test the design for this course!

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Thursday, 14 June 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 21 June 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 05 July 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 12 July 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 19 July 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 26 July 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 02 August 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 09 August 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 16 August 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 23 August 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 30 August 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 06 September 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 13 September 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 20 September 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 27 September 2007, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-learningspec/event.php?event_id=15059

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20070625T000000Z
DTSTART:20070628T150000Z
DTEND:20070628T160000Z
SEQUENCE:5
SUMMARY:DITA Learning Content SC Meeting
  +1-210-795-1100\nPASSCODE: 6396088\n\nGroup: DITA Learning and
  Training Content Specialization SC\nCreator: John Hunt
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-learningspec/event.php?event_id=15059
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-learningspec/event.php?event_id=15059
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR