Subject: Re: [dita-learningspec] Accessibility metadata

There is some movement in accessibility metadata that is relevant to our
discussions.  The ISO and IMS have been building on the work that each
has been doing over the years.  The latest effort is to take the latest
version of the ISO metadata work back to the IMS and to ensure a system
as a whole can function correctly when working with the IMS
Accessibility Learner Information Profile (ACCLIP) and the Access for
All (IMS AFA) metadata which is moving back from ISO to IMS.  It is not
clear whether IMS will deprecate its accessibility metadata in favor of
the ISO work (more or less like the step that was taken with IEEE LOM).

The current public document for reference is:
Reference number: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 36 N 1140

New work has been done since this effort and I will try to find out how
far away that work is from public release.  It might be waiting on the
current IMS work prior to finalization.  I will seek to clarify both
pieces of the effort.

Thanks

--
Allyn J Radford
Principal

Solution Architecture Consulting
Standards-based eLearning Systems and Content
Digital Content Exchange Planning and Development

Phone: +61 (0)3 9751 0730
Mob:   +61 (0)419 009 320